VAT relief program
The TKS VAT Relief Program is a unique TKS benefit is made possible through the cooperation of the Installation Management Command Europe (IMCOM-E) and is available to all US Department of Defense entitled personnel, or DoD ID card holders, that normally qualify for a foreign tax exemption. If you have any VAT-related questions please visit your local TKS shop, or contact the nearest VAT office that services your military community.
VAT relief is exclusively available to easyConnect and easyMobile subscribers. Submit a VAT form at your local TKS shop at least one month prior to the next billing cycle. One VAT form is applied to one monthly billing period. Submit more than one VAT form for tax-free coverage over multiple billing periods. Once a VAT form is received the exemption is then automatically credited to your next invoice. You may then pay your exempted bill as usual, in person at any TKS shop, at your bank, or at our online payment center.
VAT Relief Qualifications
Exclusively for TKS customers that are DoD entitled personnel. Exemption can be applied only to forthcoming invoices; a retroactive exemption on an existing bill is not possible. Available for TKS telephone, Internet, and mobile services that normally contain 19% German value added tax (VAT). Available only with easyConnect and easyMobile plans that have no minimum contract duration, service plans that includes device financing do not qualify for VAT relief. VAT relief is not available for services from other providers or carriers, for example Deutsche Telekom, T-Mobile, 1&1, O2, etc. Additional information can also be obtained at your local military VAT office.
- Which TKS services qualify for VAT relief?easyConnect telephone and internet service, and easyMobile qualify for VAT relief.
- Can I get the VAT removed from my old bills?Unfortunately no, it is not possible to obtain VAT relief on a previously issued bill. VAT exemptions can only be applied to upcoming bills.
- Is there a deadline for submitting VAT forms?Yes, your VAT form must be received at least 1 month in advance of the next billing cycle.
- Is VAT relief available for mobile phone services?Yes but only with easyMobile voice and data services. VAT relief is not available with other wireless carriers such as T-Mobile, Vodafone, or O2.
- Can I submit more than one VAT form at a time?Yes. One VAT form is applied to one monthly invoice and there is no limit to how many are submitted. We recommend providing 3 VAT forms to ensure 3 months of continuous VAT relief.
- Do I have to submit my VAT forms in person?Yes, please bring your VAT forms in person to your nearest TKSShop.
- Can I still pay my bills online?Yes, the VAT will be automatically subtracted from your monthly bill, therefore you may pay your bills in full the same way you always have.
- When do I get my copy of the VAT form back?Once a VAT form has been applied to a bill, your copy will then be mailed to you in the middle of the following month.