Beginning January 2020, TKS will be able to offer qualified U.S. ID card holders VAT-free billing – without having to submit a VAT form each and every month. We’ll subtract the 19% German sales tax directly from your bills, and you’ll automatically save every month at TKS.
VAT relief is available for all products and services provided or sold by TKS within Germany, including easyConnect, easyMobile, and BOSS Entertainment. TKS is authorized to provide VAT relief on all native TKS products, such as monthly fees, telephone calls, options, and device financing plans.
easyTV always was and will continue to be completely VAT free by virtue of being U.S. military exclusive.
What’s not VAT free?
Third-party charges do not qualify for a VAT exemption. This can include calls to premium telephone numbers or purchases made through another service provider. Taxable items are always clearly listed on your invoice. As a rule of thumb, just remember that if it’s not a TKS service it is not authorized for a VAT exemption.
USAbroadTV which is expressly for non-military personnel does not qualify for VAT relief.
Please consult your local military VAT office if you have any questions concerning your individual eligibility or entitlements. Generally, TKS can provide VAT relief to all entitled U.S. ID card holders with Exchange purchasing privileges:
- active-duty service members
- entitled U.S. DoD personnel
- entitled military retirees
The are two ways to register for the new VAT relief program. Here online utilizing your Shop my Exchange account, or in person at any TKS shop.
- Can I get the VAT removed from my old bills?Unfortunately no, it is not possible to obtain VAT relief on a previously issued bill. VAT exemptions can only be applied to upcoming bills.
- Which TKS services are eligible for VAT relief?A VAT exemption can be applied to easyConnect and easyMobile services.
- Is VAT relief available for easyTV?easyTV is already tax free. It's a military-only service which means that no tax is ever charged on this product.
- Can I still pay my bills online?Yes, the VAT will be automatically subtracted from your monthly bill, therefore you may pay your bills in full the same way you always have.